- Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, teriyaki sauce, ginger and chicken broth in a saucepan and bring it all to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and add the chicken and carrots.
- Cook for 6-10 minutes.
- Stir in the Brussels sprouts and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through, approximately 5 minutes.
- Divide amoung soup bowls, garnish with chopped green onions.
- Serve with a warm crusty bread.
- Note: You can also use leftover chicken or turkey and cook the soup just until the carrots are tender.
|Prep Time: 25 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Container: large saucepan
|-||1/3 cup soy sauce - regular or low sodium|
|-||1/3 cup rice vinegar |
|-||1/4 cup teriyaki sauce |
|-||2 tablespoons ginger - fresh and grated|
|-||14 1/2 ounces chicken broth |
|-||1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts - boneless, skinless and cut into 1 inch pieces|
|-||15 baby carrots - cut in quarters or chopped|
|-||2 cups Brussels sprouts - thinly sliced or shredded|
|-||2 green onions - sliced|