- For the vinaigrette, melt the butter into a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the apple slices and sautÃ© until golden brown, turning occastionally for 6-10 minutes.
- Transfer the apple slices and pan juices to a food process or blender and let it cool slightly.
- Add the oil, vinegar and shallots.
- Process until smooth.
- Add the apple juice, 2 tablespoon at a time, until it is at a pourable consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For the croutons, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the bread cubes on a tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet, add the garlic, sage and thyme.
- SautÃ© until fragrant, approximately 1 minutes.
- Pour the butter mixture over the bread cubes and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the bread cubes and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the croutons until golden, stirring occasionally, for approximately 6-10 minutes.
- Cool on a baking sheet.
- SautÃ© the bacon in a medium skillet until crisp, drain and crumble.
- Cook the brussels sprouts in a large pot of boiling water until tender, approximately 7 minutes. Drain.
- Combine the croutons, bacon and brussels sprouts in a large bowl.
- Add the raddichio and enough of the vinaigrette to coat, toss well to coat.
- Serve with extra vinaigrette on the side.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Container: medium skillet, large baking sheet, large serving bowl, food processor or blender
|-||4 tablespoons unsalted butter |
|-||1 Granny Smith apple - peeled, quartered and cut into 1/2 inch slices|
|-||1/2 cup olive oil |
|-||1/3 cup apple cider vinegar |
|-||1/4 cup shallot - finely chopped|
|-||8 tablespoons apple juice |
|-||1/2 pound loaf of Hawaiian sweet bread, cut into cubes (approximately 5 cups)|
|-|| loaf cranberry walnut bread, cut into 1|
|-||1/4 cup butter |
|-||2 garlic finely chopped|
|-||1 tablespoon sage fresh chopped|
|-||2 teaspoons thyme fresh minced|
|-||6 tablespoons fresh grated Romano or Parmesan cheese|
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|
|-||1 package radicchio/spinach or spring mix|
|-||4 bacon slices, crisped and crumbled|
|-||1 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed, halved|