- In large saucepan over high heat, combine stock and 3 1/2 cups water, bring to boil, then reduce heat to low, simmer.
- In another large saucepan, over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter with olive oil.
- Add shallot and sautÃ© until translucent; 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir until opaque; approximately 3 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup of the simmering stock, cook and stir into rice until most of the stock is absorbed. Keep doiong this until all but about a 1/2 cup of stock is left.
- continually simmering rice until nearly tender and slightly firm in center and mixture is creamy; approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Add lemon juice to the remaining 1/2 cup stock and add the mixture, little by little, to the rice along with 3 tablespoons butter, lemon zest and grated cheese; stirring constantly.
- Taste for salt and add as needed.
- If desired, stir in thyme.
- Transfer to serving bowl. Garnish with more parmesan cheese, serve immediately.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Container: 2 large saucepans
Serving Size: cup
|-||3 cups chicken stock or broth|
|-||5 tablespoons unsalted butter |
|-||3 tablespoons olive oil |
|-||1 shallot - minced|
|-||2 1/4 cups arborio rice |
|-||1/2 cup lemon juice - fresh|
|-||1/4 cup lemon zest - grated|
|-||3/4 cup parmesan cheese - fresh, grated. Plus more for garnish|
|-||2 tablespoons thyme - fresh (optional)|
|-|| salt to taste|