- Melt margarine or butter in large skillet.
- Add onion, cook until golden and tender; approximately 6-10 minutes.
- Turn off heat.
- Squeeze excess moisture from potatoes.
- Add to onion mixture alog with soup, sour cream, cheese, ham, red peppers, mustard and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Spoon into greased baking dish.
- Bake covered at 350Â° F. for 45 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with bacon and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until browned on top.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
Container: 9 x 13 baking dish, large skillet
|-||6 bacon slices, cooked, crumbled, set aside|
|-||3/4 cup onion - chopped|
|-||1/3 cup butter or margarine |
|-||1 package (30 oz.) country style hashbown potatoes, thawed|
|-||1 can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of chicken and herb soup|
|-||1 container (16 oz.) sour cream|
|-||2 cups monterey jack cheese|
|-||2 cups diced ham|
|-||1/3 cup jarred sweet red pepper strips, drained, chopped|
|-||2 tablespoons Dijon mustard|
|-|| salt and pepper|