- Cook bacon in skillet until crisped and brown. Drain on paper towel. Crumble once cooled.
- Combine bacon, apples, chicken, cranberries, pistachios, lettuce and spinach.
- Just before serving toss with 1/2 cup vinaigrette and sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine vinegar, shallot, maple syrup, mustard, thyme in blender. With blender running pour in olive oil in steady stream. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate, covered, up to three days.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Container: large skillet, large mixing bowl, blender or food processor
|-||4 bacon slices|
|-||1 Granny Smith apples, diced|
|-||1 red apple, diced|
|-||2 chicken breasts - large, grilled or sauteed and cut into bite sized pieces|
|-||1 cup craisins |
|-||1/2 pistachios or almonds, chopped|
|-||4 cups lettuce |
|-||4 spinach - chopped|
|-||6 ounces goat cheese - flavored or plain, crumbled|
|-||1/3 cup apple cider vinegar |
|-||2 tablespoons shallot - minced|
|-||2 tablespoons maple syrup |
|-||2 teaspoons Dijon mustard |
|-||1/2 teaspoon thyme - dried leaves|
|-||2/3 cup olive oil |
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|