- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Make a well in the center. Add egg, 4 tablespoons oil and water. Work into the flour until dough is formed, if the dough is too soft, add more flour.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Cover while preparing filling.
- Heat butter or margarine in skillet. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is tender; approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Roll out dough into rectangle, fairly thin.
- Cover with cabbage mixture and roll up, jelly roll fashion.
- Place on greased baking sheet brushed with oil.
- Bake at 350° F; approximately 45-55 minutes or until crisp and brown.
- Slice while hot.
|Prep Time: 25 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Container: large baking sheet, medium bowl, skillet
|-||2 1/2 cups flour |
|-||1/2 teaspoon baking powder |
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt |
|-||1 egg |
|-||6 tablespoons cooking oil|
|-||3/4 cup ice water|
|-||1/2 cup butter or margarine|
|-||6 cups cabbage - shredded, about 1/2 head|
|-||1/2 cup onion - chopped|
|-||1/4 teaspoon pepper |
|-||1/2 teaspoon sugar |
|-||1/2 teaspoon mustard seed |