- Melt one tablespoon butter in heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, shallot and thyme.
- SautÃ© until shallots are tender, stirring occasionally for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add broth and wine.
- Boil until the sauce is reduced to 1/2 cup, approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Set sauce aside.
- Blend cheese, bread crumbs and parsley in a small bowl.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large, heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- Add steaks to the skillet and cook to desired doneness, five mintes per side for medium rare.
- Transfer steaks to a baking sheet.
- Reserve the skillet with the pan juices.
- Press cheese mixture on top of steaks, dividing evenly.
- Broil until the cheese browns, approximately 2 minutes.
- Transfer steaks to plates.
- Pour sauce into the reserved skillet with juices.
- Bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits.
- Boil 1-2 minutes, stirring in remaining 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Season with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over steaks and serve.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Container: medium skillet, medium bowl, baking sheet
|-||4 tablespoons butter |
|-||3 cloves garlic - chopped|
|-||1 shallot - chopped|
|-||1 tablespoon thyme - chopped|
|-||1 cup beef broth |
|-||1/4 cup dry red wine|
|-||1/2 cup blue cheese - Maytag, coarsely crumbled|
|-||1/4 cup panko bread crumbs|
|-||1 tablespoon parsley - chopped|
|-||4 sirloin filet - bacon wrapped or filet mignon|