- In a blender, combine the milk, water, eggs, flour, salt, sugar and nutmeg on medium speed for 10-15 seconds.
- Add the melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Refrigerate for one hour so it can rest.
- In the meantime, in a food processor, combine the filling ingredients on medium speed until smooth.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to assemble.
- For the sauce, go through blueberries and remove any moldy, soft, or blemished berries. Remove any stems remaining on the blueberries. Place in a colander and gently swish in cold water to wash berries. Allow to drain.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon and water. Stir until mixture is smooth and then add the blueberries.
- Cook over medium heat until sauce becomes translucent and has thickened. If sauce is too thin, add 1/4 teaspoon of cornstarch and continue to cook. If still not thick enough, add more cornstarch, 1/4 teaspoon at a time, until sauce is the desired thickness.
- Remove from heat and add lemon zest and lemon juice to the sauce. Stir until well mixed.
- Allow the sauce to cool before storing in the refrigerator.
- Blueberry sauce can be used as a topping on waffles, pancakes, cakes, cheesecakes, or ice cream.
- In an 8 inch crepe pan brushed with melted butter, pour 1/4 cup of the crepe batter.
- Swirl the batter so the bottom is completely covered.
- Cook over medium heat for 30-35 seconds or until the batter starts to set.
- Bang the edge of the crepe pan with a heavy spoon to loosen the batter, flip the crepe and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Slide the crepes off onto a platter and cover with a towel to help keep them warm.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the chilled cheese filling onto one edge of the crepe.
- Roll the crepe up burrito style and place seam side down in an oven proof skillet.
- Brush all with melted butter and fry the blintz just until crisp on all sides.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake all blintz for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with blueberry sauce.
|Prep Time: 1 hour|
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Container: blender, food processor, oven proof skillet, 8 inch crepe pan, saucepan
Serving Size: cup
|-||1 cup milk |
|-||1/4 cup cold water|
|-||2 eggs |
|-||1 cup flour |
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt |
|-||1 tablespoon sugar |
|-||1/4 teaspoon nutmeg |
|-||3 tablespoons butter - melted plus more for cooking crepes|
|-||1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese |
|-||4 ounces cream cheese |
|-||1 tablespoon lemon zest |
|-||1 egg |
|-||2 tablespoons powdered sugar |
|-||4 tablespoons honey |
|-|| BLUEBERRY SAUCE:|
|-||1 cup sugar|
|-||1 tablespoon cornstarch|
|-||1/8 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/8 teaspoon cinnamon|
|-||2/3 cup water|
|-||3 cups blueberries|
|-|| zest from one lemon|
|-||1 tablespoon lemon juice|