- Saute onion, pepper, mushrooms and celery in 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add pimento, poultry seasoning, thyme leaves, garlic and green pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook 1-2 more minutes.
- Add in soups, broth and Velveeta cheese.
- Stir altogether until the cheese is melted.
- Add in the chicken (chopped into bite-size pieces) and stir together.
- Lower heat to low.
- In a pasta pot, bring water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Add the pasta to the chicken mixture.
- Stir to combine and heat through.
- Pour into a prepared casserole dish.
- Mix together the bread crumbs and the cheese in a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle on top of the casserole mixture.
- Bake all at 375° F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
*This recipe can be made by substituting turkey for the chicken.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
Container: large casserole dish, large skillet, pasta pot
|-||2 tablespoons olive oil |
|-||1 onion - medium, chopped|
|-||1 red bell pepper - seeded and diced|
|-||3 stalks celery - chopped|
|-||8 ounces mushrooms - sliced|
|-||4 ounces pimento - drained and chopped|
|-||1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning|
|-||4 sprigs thyme fresh - just the leaves|
|-||1 clove garlic - minced|
|-||10 3/4 ounces cream of celery soup|
|-||10 3/4 ounces cream of chicken with herbs soup|
|-||2 cups chicken broth |
|-||8 ounces Velveeta cheese - cubed|
|-||4 chicken breasts - skinless, sauteed or grilled with lemon pepper (or use 3 to 4 cups of leftover chicken or turkey)|
|-|| ground pepper to taste|
|-||16 ounces spaghetti , fettuccini or angel hair pasta|
|-||1 cup seasoned bread crumbs|
|-||1/2 cup Romano cheese - shredded or parmesan cheese, shredded|