- Add all the meatball ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix the ingredients together using your hands until evenly distributed.
- Form meat into small meatballs by rolling in your hands.
- Place the meatballs on a lightly greased shallow baking pan. Place in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until browned.
- Note: The meatballs can also be browned on the stovetop if desired.
- Cook soup pasta as directed on the package. Do not overcook. The pasta should be firm when added to the soup.
- Drain the pasta after cooking.
- While the pasta is cooking add the chicken broth to a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- If using fresh spinach, add to the boiling broth and cook for 5 minutes or until spinach is tender. If using frozen spinach, drain well before adding to the broth.
- Add the meatballs and pasta. Bring the soup back to a simmer.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and serve.
|Prep Time: 1 hour|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Serving Size: 1 cup
|-||1/2 pound ground beef|
|-||1/2 pound ground pork or turkey|
|-||1/4 cup bread crumbs|
|-||1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley|
|-||1/2 clove garlic, minced|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|-||4 cups chicken broth|
|-||2 cups fresh spinach, chopped or 1 small box of frozen|
|-||1/4 cup Parmesan cheese|
|-||8 ounces soup pasta, acini de pepe or orzo pasta are good choices|