- Chop white onion into small cubes
- Remove seeds and membranes from peppers.
- Place meat in saute pan or similar on stovetop burner. Brown meat on medium heat setting for 5 to 7 minutes. Drain excess grease from meat.
- Add onions, garlic, and jalepeno peppers and continue browning. Cook for another 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker or stockpot for cooking.
- Cook for 4 hours on low in slow cooker or cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours on medium to medium low heat on stovetop burner.
- Note: the chili may be somewhat spicy with the jalapeno peppers so alter accordingly for heat intensity preferences.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 2 hours
Container: Stockpot or slow cooker
Serving Size: cup
|-||24 ounces Ground chorizo or other spiced pork|
|-||2 jalapeno peppers, chopped|
|-||1 medium onion, chopped|
|-||2 cloves garlic, diced|
|-||15 ounces black beans, drained and crushed|
|-||11 ounces corn, drained - canned or frozen|
|-||30 ounces tomatoes, crushed|
|-||15 ounces tomato sauce|
|-||1 teaspoon ground oregano|
|-||2 tablespoons chile powder|
|-||1 teaspoon ground cumin|
|-||1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes|
|-||2 tablespoons hot chile sauce or Asian hot sauce|
|-||2 teaspoons salt or to taste|