- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add sliced carrots and onion.
- Saute until crisp tender, approximately 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium skillet, brown and crumble the sausage until no longer pink, 5-10 minutes.
- Add sausage to the carrots, stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add rosemary.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and stir to combine.
- Continue to cook until all is heated, 3-4 minutes.
- Place in a large serving bowl and serve hot.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Container: large skillet, medium skillet, serving dish
|-||3 pounds carrots - trimmed and peeled, sliced into 1/2 inch slices|
|-||2 tablespoons olive oil |
|-||1 onion - finely chopped|
|-||3/4 pound Italian sausage - sweet variety|
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|
|-||1 tablespoon rosemary - fresh and chopped|
|-||1/2 cup chicken stock |