- Cream the shortening, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the flour, soda, and salt. Beat until well mixed.
- Add the oatmeal and coconut and stir until evenly distributed.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons on to an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place in an oven preheated to 350° F and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cool rack. Allow the cookies to cool completely before storing.
|Prep Time: 1 hour|
Cook Time: 1 hour
Container: Cookie Sheet
Serving Size: 1
|-||1 cup shortening|
|-||1 cup brown sugar|
|-||1 cup sugar|
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla|
|-||1 1/2 cups flour|
|-||1 teaspoon baking soda|
|-||1 teaspoon salt|
|-||3 cups quick cooking oatmeal|
|-||2 1/2 cups coconut|