- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, pepperoni, pizza sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic and onions.
- Mix well to combine all of the ingredients.
- Divide into four equal parts and pat into burgers.
- Salt and pepper each burger to taste.
- Fry the burgers in a large skillet or they can easily be grilled. Cook approximately 6 minutes on each side or until they reach the desired doneness.
- Place a slice of mozzarella or provolone cheese on each right before they are finished cooking. Allow the cheese to completely melt over the burger.
- Spread a tablespoon of pizza sauce on each bun. Place a burger on top with lettuce and tomato.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Container: large skillet, medium mixing bowl
|-||1 pound ground beef |
|-||1/4 pound pepperoni - chopped|
|-||1/4 cup pizza sauce - extra to use as a condiment|
|-||1 clove garlic - minced|
|-||1/4 cup onion - minced|
|-||1 teaspoon Italian seasoning|
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|
|-||4 slices mozzarella cheese or provolone cheese|
|-||1 tomato - sliced|
|-|| romaine or iceberg lettuce|
|-||4 crusty rolls - sliced|