- Place pork in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, brown sugar, salt, red pepper flakes, black pepper, garlic powder, and seasoning salt. Pour the mixture over the pork roast.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook the pork on low heat for 10-12 hours.
- Remove the roast to a tray or cutting board.
- Using two forks, pull the meat apart until shredded.
- Place shredded pork in a large bowl and pour some of the liquid from the slow cooker over the meat until it is as moist as you would like.
- Return the meat to the slow cooker to keep it warm until it is ready to serve.
- Warm tortillas in a hot skillet.
- Place warmed tortillas on a plate and top with a serving spoonful of pulled pork.
- Top with your favorite salsa and serve with sour cream and guacamole.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 6 or more hours
Container: 6-quart slow cooker, a small bowl, and a large bowl
|-||5 pounds pork shoulder roast |
|-||3/4 cup apple cider vinegar |
|-||2 tablespoons brown sugar |
|-||1 teaspoon salt |
|-||1 teaspoon red pepper flakes - crushed|
|-||1 teaspoon black pepper |
|-||1 teaspoon garlic powder |
|-||1 teaspoon seasoning salt |
|-||16 tortillas |
|-||3 cups salsa |
|-||2 cups sour cream - optional|
|-||2 cups guacamole - optional|