- Preheat oven to 425ÂºF.
- Boil water and butter in a small sauce pan. Add flour and stir briskly over low flame until a ball forms.
- Remove mixture from heat and beat in eggs, with wooden spoon, one at a time in order to keep batter smooth. Continue to beat with wooden spoon until smooth.
- If making small pastries, drop by tablespoonfuls two inches apart onto a baking sheet. If making large pastries, use double the batter and drop them three inches apart.
- Bake 20 minutes for larger pastries and a little less for smaller ones or until lightly browned. As the crust browns, the inside opens up (Undercooking results in a sticky inner dough and a less open texture).
- Remove from oven, pierce the side of each to let the steam out and set aside to cool.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Serving Size: 1 each
|-||1 cup water|
|-||3 ounces butter - cut into pieces|
|-||1 cup flour |
|-||4 eggs - large in size|
|-||1/8 teaspoon nutmeg |