- Place pork shoulder in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the pork roast.
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook on low for 10-12 hours.
- Remove the roast to a tray or cutting board.
- Using two forks, pull the meat apart until shredded.
- Place shredded pork in a large bowl and pour some of the liquid from the slow cooker over the meat until it is as moist as you like.
- Return the meat to the slow cooker to keep it warm until ready to serve.
- Serve on fresh buns for sandwiches.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 6 or more hours
Container: 6-quart slow cooker, small bowl, large bowl
|-||5 pounds pork shoulder roast |
|-||3/4 cup apple cider vinegar |
|-||2 tablespoons brown sugar |
|-||1 teaspoon salt |
|-||1 teaspoon red pepper flakes - crushed|
|-||1 teaspoon black pepper |
|-||1 teaspoon garlic powder |
|-||1 teaspoon seasoning salt |