- Place the beefsteak into a glass baking dish or glass bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, olive oil, lime juice, salt, black pepper, garlic salt, Worcestershire sauce, and honey. (Note: add more or less salt and pepper according to taste.) Mix well and pour over the steak. Cover and refrigerate at least two hours, turning the meat occasionally.
- Remove steak from dish and save the marinade mixture.
- Grill the steak over medium-high heat for 10 to 12 minutes for medium doneness.
- Grill the onion slices and pepper strips (in tin foil if necessary to prevent them from falling through grill grate) until they are tender.
- In a small saucepan, bring marinade mixture to a boil. Cook on high heat for two minutes; then reduce to a simmer and cook for three minutes. Keep warm while preparing the fajitas. (Note: it is important that the marinade be well cooked to prevent possible foodborne illness that could occur as a result of being in contact with raw meat.)
- Slice the steak across the grain, diagonally.
- Place strips of the steak, peppers, cilantro, and onions onto a warm tortilla and top with the cooked marinade mixture.
- Wrap the ingredients inside the tortilla.
- Optional: add refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, or cheese to the wrap if desired.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Container: A glass baking dish or glass bowl and a small saucepan
Serving Size: 1 each
|-||2 pounds beefsteak (cuts from the chuck or flank work best)|
|-||15 ounces chopped tomatoes with mild green chiles|
|-||1 tablespoon olive oil|
|-||2 tablespoons lime juice|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|-||1 teaspoon garlic salt|
|-||3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce |
|-||1 tablespoon honey|
|-||1 large onion, sliced|
|-||1 red or yellow pepper, cut into strips|
|-||1/4 cup cilantro - chopped|
|-||8 flour tortillas|
|-|| Optional: Refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese|