- Preheat oven 375° F.
- In large skillet, add the olive oil, onions, garlic, thyume, sage and cumin. Saute until the onions are translucent.
- Add in the chopped roast beef and cook until warmed through.
- Add flour and continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes. Slowly add broth. Bring to a full boil, then reduce heat and simmer 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in mixed vegetables and remove from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour into baking dish.
- Prepare instant potatoes or use leftover mashed potoates.
- Spread potatoes over meat mixture.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes or until cheese has melted and potatoes are a light golden brown.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Container: greased 2 quart baking dish, skillet
|-||1 1/2 pounds roast beef - cooked and cut into cubes, leftovers work great for this|
|-||3 tablespoons olive oil |
|-||1 onion - small, chopped|
|-||1 tablespoon prepared minced garlic|
|-||1 teaspoon dried thyme|
|-||1 teaspoon dried sage|
|-||1 teaspoon ground cumin|
|-||1/3 cup all purpose flour|
|-||1 cup beef broth|
|-||2 cups Carribean blend frozen vegetables|
|-||1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce |
|-||12 potatoes |
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|
|-||1 cup colby jack cheese - shredded|