- Sauté the carrots, celery and onions in the peanut oil until tender and slightly browned.
- Bring the soup stock or broth to a boil, add the vegetables and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Put the shredded cheese in a small bowl and sprinkle the flour over the cheese. Mix to coat.
- Whisk the cheese into the soup, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- Turn the heat to low, continue to stir.
- Add salt, pepper, mustard, tabasco sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Finally, add the beer and stir until the soup is hot.
- Blend with an immersion blender until it is to your desired thickness. Can be as chunky or as creamy as you wish.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with a crusty bread or bagel chips.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Container: large saucepan, small bowl
|-||1 cup carrots - chopped|
|-||1 cup celery - chopped|
|-||1 onion - chopped|
|-||2 teaspoons peanut oil|
|-||6 cups chicken stock or broth|
|-||1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese - shredded or velveeta|
|-||2 teaspoons flour |
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|
|-||1/2 teaspoon dry mustard|
|-||1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce - more to taste|
|-||1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce |
|-||12 ounces bottle of beer - any kind|
|-|| parsley for garnish|