- Cook bacon over medium heat in a skillet until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Reserve the bacon drippings in the pan.
- To make the dressing, add garlic and raisins to the skillet, stirring until the garlic is pale golden, approximately 1 minute.
- Stir in vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer for one minute and then remove from heat.
- Cook the broccoli florets and stems in a large pot of boiling, salted water for 4-5 minutes until crisp tender.
- Drain broccoli and put in a large serving bowl.
- Pour hot dressing over the broccoli.
- Chop the cooked bacon and sprinkle over the top.
- Toss to combine.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Container: large serving bowl, large pot, medium skillet or sauce pan
|-||2 pounds broccoli - trimmed and cut into 1 inch florets and the stems cut into 1/4 inch slices|
|-||4 slices bacon |
|-||1 clove garlic - finely chopped|
|-||1/3 cup golden raisins |
|-||1/3 cup raisins |
|-||1/4 cup apple cider vinegar |
|-||2 tablespoons olive oil |
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|