- Wash artichoke hearts and cut into quartered pieces. Set aside.
- Cut chicken into quartered pieces. Set aside.
- Drain canned beans and wash. Set aside.
- If fresh tomatoes are being used, dice the tomatoes and set aside. Canned tomatoes with jalapeno peppers can be substituted if desired for extra spicy flavors.
- Wash cilantro and chop into small pieces.
- Place olive oil into skillet and heat on stovetop at a medium to medium high setting. When sufficiently heated, add onion and sautÃ© for 4 to 5 minutes. Onion should be softened and not crisp textured.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of taco seasoning mix to onion and oil mixture in skillet. Blend in with whisk.
- Add chicken and garlic to skillet. Cook chicken until no longer pink inside, approximately 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add another 1/2 teaspoon of taco seasoning or add more to increase the intensity to desired taste. Then add water to skillet mixture and bring to a boil.
- Place artichoke hearts, tomatoes and beans into skillet mixture and lightly stir together. Allow all ingredients to simmer for 5 to 7 minutes uncovered.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Container: 12 inch Skillet and Blender
Serving Size: 1 cup
|-||13 3/4 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and quartered|
|-||1 3/4 pounds chicken|
|-||15 ounces canned white beans, drained|
|-||14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes - canned, with or without jalapeno peppers|
|-|| Option: fresh tomatoes instead of canned|
|-||1 tablespoon cilantro|
|-||1 tablespoon olive oil|
|-||1 cup fresh onion, chopped|
|-||1 package taco seasoning mix|
|-||2 teaspoons fresh garlic, chopped|
|-||1 cup water|