- Bring broth to a boil.
- Stir in rice or pasta and salt.
- Bring to a second boil, lower heat, cover and simmer until the rice or pasta is tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Meanwhile, season chicken breasts with lemon pepper.
- Grill over medium heat until browned on both sides and cooked through, approximately 8 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the grill and allow to cool slightly. Cut into bite sized pieces.
- Add the chicken to the simmering soup when the rice is done.
- Separate eggs. Beat whites until peaks form.
- Add the yolks to the shites and beat until blended.
- Add lemon juice to the eggs and stir just until combined.
- Gently spoon two ladles off the soup into the egg mixture to temper the eggs. You don't want them to cook.
- Pour the entire egg mixture back into the soup and stir gently.
- The soup will be frothy on the top.
- Serve immediately. Serves will with crusty bread and a salad.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Container: large soup pot, medium mixing bowl, hand mixer
|-||12 cups chicken broth |
|-||2 cups basmatti and wild rice or any small pasta such as orzo|
|-||3 chicken breasts - boneless, skinless|
|-||2 teaspoons lemon pepper |
|-||4 lemon - juiced|
|-||4 eggs |
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|