- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease the baking pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, quick oats, brown sugar, baking soda, and egg. Cut in the butter and mix well until ingredients are crumbly.
- Remove 1 1/2 cups of the mixture and set aside. Press the crumb mixture into the baking pan, bake for 15 minutes in the oven.
- While crust is baking, combine caramel topping and 1/4 cup flour in small bowl; mix well.
- Sprinkle the apples over the baked crust. Drizzle the caramel mixture over the top of the apples. Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the caramel.
- Place back in the oven for another 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool completely before serving; approximately 2 hours.
- Cut into 2" squares and serve.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
|-||2 cups flour |
|-||2 cups quick oats |
|-||1 1/2 cups brown sugar |
|-||1 teaspoon baking soda |
|-||1 egg |
|-||1 1/4 cups butter - cold|
|-||1 1/2 cups apple - peeled, chopped|
|-||3/4 cup caramel topping|