- In a food processor, purÃ©e the spinach, chicken, egg white, basil, red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Process until smooth, approximately 1 minute.
- With the processor running, pour in the whipping cream.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
CANDIED CRANBERRY SYRUP:
- Lay the turkey tenderloins flat.
- Slice the meat horizontally in half, cutting to but not through, to the other side.
- The tenderloin should open like a book.
- Lay it out flat. If areas of the meat are thicker than others, flatten it out with a meat mallet.
- Spread approximately 1/2 cup of the spinach stuffing on top of each tenderloin.
- Roll the tenderloin up, jelly roll style.
- Lay the rolls seam side down in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle all rolls with olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, cheese and bread crumbs.
- Pour 1/4 inch of the water in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Roast uncovered, in 400Â° F oven 45-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 170Â°.
- Remove turkey from oven and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- While the turkey bakes, make the cranberry syrup and beurre blanc sauce.
BEURRE BLANC SAUCE:
- Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the cranberries and cook for 3-5 minutes more until the berries begin to pop.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain, reserving the syrup for the beurre blanc sauce and the berries for garnish.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the dry white wine, cranberries, vinegar and shallots.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the mixtrue thickens. Stir occasionally.
- Add butter and few pieces at a time, whisking together as you add.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat, strain into a container with the reserved cranberry syrup. Stir together.
- Cut the turkey into 1/2 inch slices and serve with beurre blanc sauce and garnish with fresh and candied cranberries.
|Prep Time: 45 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Container: 9x13 baking dish, medium saucepan, small saucepan
|-|| SPINACH STUFFING:|
|-||10 ounces frozen spinach - thawed and drained|
|-||8 ounces chicken - raw, skinless, boneless chicken tenders|
|-||1 egg whites |
|-||8 basil leaves - large|
|-||1 teaspoon salt|
|-||1 teaspoon pepper|
|-||1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper|
|-||1/2 cup whipping cream|
|-|| TURKEY TENDERLOINS|
|-||4 (6-8 oz.) turkey tenderloins|
|-|| olive oil|
|-||2 teaspoons salt|
|-||2 teaspoons pepper|
|-||2 teaspoons paprika|
|-||1/2 cup parmesan cheese - shredded|
|-||1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs|
|-|| CANDIED CRANBERRY SYRUP:|
|-||1/2 cup sugar |
|-||2 tablespoons water|
|-||3/4 cup cranberries |
|-|| BEURRE BLANC:|
|-||1/2 cup dry white wine|
|-||1 cup cranberries |
|-||1 tablespoon white wine vinegar|
|-||1 small shallot - chopped|
|-||3/4 cup butter - unsalted, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|-||2 tablespoons syrup from the candied cranberries|
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|