- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Butter the insides of the baking dish
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except the bread and the cinnamon sauce.
- Stir in the cubed bread. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to greased baking dish, bake in oven for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- In saucepan combine milk and whipping cream. Heat until mixture almost simmers.
- In large mixing bowl lightly beat 4 egg yolks, then beat in sugar and cornstarch into the mixture.
- Slowly whisk half of the hot milk mixture into egg mixture. Return all the mixture to the saucepan and whisk until combined. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture thickens and reaches 180° F - 190° F; approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Immediately pour hot mixture into a bowl. Stir in cinnamon, vanilla and butter or margarine.
- Serve warmed sauce with warm pudding.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
Serving Size: 1 cup
|-||1 1/2 cups pumpkin - canned or fresh|
|-||1 cup whipping cream |
|-||1 cup half-n-half |
|-||2/3 cup brown sugar - packed|
|-||2 eggs - beaten|
|-||1 teaspoon cinnamon - ground|
|-||1/2 teaspoon vanilla |
|-||1/4 teaspoon nutmeg - ground|
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt |
|-||5 cups bread French or Italian - cut into 1/2|
|-|| Cinnamon Sauce:|
|-||1 1/2 cups milk |
|-||1/2 cup whipping cream |
|-||4 egg yolks|
|-||1/3 cup sugar |
|-||1/2 teaspoon cornstarch |
|-||1/2 teaspoon cinnamon |
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla |
|-||1 tablespoon butter or margarine |