- In a large pot, heat water to boiling.
- Core one head of cabbage. Carefully place it in the full pot of boiling water.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- If some of the outside leaves fall off before putting the cabbage in the pot, place them in the water and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Simmer the cabbage just unitl the leaves are ready to peel off. Don't over cook them or the leaves with fall apart when working with them.
- Peel off 12 leaves and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- SautÃ© the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey, garlic, celery, carrot, leaf sage and salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally to break up the turkey and combine the ingredients.
- Continue cooking until the turkey is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add in the apples, raisins, lemon juice and teriyaki sauce.
- Stir to combine. Taste to adjust the salt and pepper seasoning.
- Take one cabbage leaf at a time, starting at the base, place 3-4 tablespoons of turkey filling and roll firmly, folding in the sides as you go.
- Arrange cabbage rolls, seam side down, in a baking dish.
- Garnish with chopped cashews.
- Bake, covered, until heated through - approximately 30 minutes at 350° F.
- *Use the rest of the cabbage head for soups or side dishes.
|Prep Time: 35 minutes|
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Container: large pot, large skillet, 9x13 baking dish
|-||1 cabbage |
|-||1 tablespoon olive oil |
|-||1 cup onion - chopped|
|-||1 clove garlic - minced|
|-||1 stalk celery - chopped|
|-||1 carrot - diced|
|-||1 pound ground turkey |
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|
|-||1 tablespoon leaf sage - dried|
|-||2 apple - finely chopped|
|-||1/2 cup golden raisins |
|-||3 tablespoons lemon juice |
|-||1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce |