- Prepare the pound cake according to package directions.
- Allow to cool.
- Whip the whipping cream and sugar until peaks start to form, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add cream cheese, pumpkin purÃƒÂ©e and pumpkin pie spice.
- Mix just until smooth.
- Cut the pound cake into 1/2 inch wide slice.
- Line the bottom of a springform pan with 1/2 of the cake slices.
- You will need to cut them to fit. Crowd and overlap them to completely cover the bottom.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons rum.
- Spread half of the pumpkin filling over the pound cake.
- Repeat with second half of the pound cake slices.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of rum then the rest of the filling. Smooth out the top.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil.
- Chill overnight.
- To unmold, run a knife around the edge and release the pan sides.
- Place on a serving platter and sprinkle with crushed cookies.
- Cut and serve.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Container: 9 inch diameter spring form pan, mixer
|-||1 package pound cake mix or 6 oz. ladyfingers, split in half lengthwise|
|-||8 ounces cream cheese softened|
|-||1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice|
|-||1 1/2 cups whipping cream |
|-||3/4 cup sugar |
|-||15 ounces pumpkin purÃƒÂ©e|
|-||4 tablespoons spiced rum|
|-||8 small ginger cookies - crushed|