- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Grease and flour tube pan.
- Cream butter and sugar in mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time making sure each one is incorporated before adding the next.
- Add flour and cream alternately.
- Add vanilla and almond extracts.
- Sprinkle almonds on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 90 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Invert onto serving platter when cool.
- Serve as is or top with non-dairy whipped topping and garnish with almonds.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 1.5 hours
Container: tube pan, mixer, serving platter
Serving Size: slice
|-||3 cups sugar |
|-||3 cups cake flour |
|-||6 eggs |
|-||1 cup butter |
|-||1/2 pint non-dairy whipped cream |
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla extract |
|-||2 teaspoons almond extract |
|-||3/4 cup almonds sliced, untoasted|