- Slice onions and cucumbers into thin slices.
- Add salt and allow to sit overnight in the refrigerator in a covered container.
- Next day, drain and press out any moisture.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, seasonings, sugar and tobasco.
- Pour over the cucumbers and onions in a large bowl and gently combine.
- Serve cold.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Container: large, bowl, serving bowl, small mixing bowl
|-||1 1/2 cups mayonnaise |
|-||1/3 cup apple cider vinegar|
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|-||1/2 teaspoon garlic powder|
|-||1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt|
|-||2 teaspoons celery seed|
|-||2 teaspoons dry mustard|
|-||4 tablespoons sugar|
|-||2 dashes tobasco|
|-||2 cucumber sliced 1/4 inch thick - peeled or unpeeled|
|-||1 onion sliced thin|