- Heat oil over medium high heat in a large skillet.
- Pour buttermilk into a shallow dish.
- Mix cornmeal with the rest of the seasoning ingredients in another shallow dish.
- Dip each tomato slice into the buttermilk then dredge it in the cornmeal mixture.
- Fry each slice in the oil until browned, 3-5 minutes.
- Turn and cook the other side until browned.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate or baking sheet.
- Keep warm in a 200Â° oven while cooking the rest of the slices.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Container: large skillet, 2 shallow mixing dishes
|-||4 large green tomatoes - sliced 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick|
|-|| oil to fill pan 1/4 inch deep|
|-||1 1/2 cups cornmeal|
|-||2 tablespoons salt|
|-||2 tablespoons black pepper|
|-||2 tablespoons paprika - hot if desired|
|-||1 1/2 cups buttermilk|