- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Cut green tops and roots off of the leeks.
- Cut leeks lengthwise almost to the center.
- Rinse under cool water to remove any sand or dirt.
- Cut bottoms off of the celery but keep the tender tops attached.
- Lay the leeks and celery into a roasting pan in a single layer.
- Drizzle with vinegar, oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes, turn leeks over and roast another 10 minutes until the leeks have softened.
- When done, some of the outer leaves may need to be removed if they are too tough.
- Arrange on serving platter.
- Top with goat cheese and feta.
- Serve warm.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Container: heavy roasting pan
|-||1 pound 4-6 leeks|
|-||3 tablespoons olive oil|
|-||3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar|
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|
|-||2 ounces goat cheese|
|-||2 ounces feta cheese|