- In a mixer bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugars until it is nice and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time and blend until each is well incorporated.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine the four, oatmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add these dry ingredients into the batter until well combined.
- Spray the baking pan with a non stick cooking spray and spread the batter into the pan.
- Bake at 325Â° F for 20-25 minutes or just until the bars are slightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow them to cool while making the icing.
- In a saucepan, add all of the icing ingredients and melt over a low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Spread over the bars and allow to cool completely before cutting and serving.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Container: mixer, saucepan, 15x10 baking pan
|-||3/4 cup butter or margarine - softened|
|-||3/4 cup peanut butter - creamy|
|-||3/4 cup sugar|
|-||3/4 cup brown sugar - packed|
|-||2 teaspoons vanilla extract|
|-||1 1/2 cups flour|
|-||2 cups oatmeal - quick oats works better than regular oats|
|-||3/4 teaspoon baking soda|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/2 cup peanut butter - creamy|
|-||2 cups chocolate chips|
|-||1/2 cup butterscotch chips|