- Cook broccoli in large pot of boiling water for 3-4 minutes, just until crisp tender.
- Place in an ice water bath to stop cooking.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, Dijon, garlic pepper and lemon zest.
- Pour over broccoli, pepper to taste and toss to combine.
- Squeeze one lemon over all.
- Sprinkle with toasted, sliced almonds.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Container: large pot, medium mixing bowl
|-||2 pounds fresh broccoli - cut up|
|-||1/4 cup olive oil|
|-||1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar|
|-||1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard |
|-||1 teaspoon garlic - minced|
|-|| ground pepper to taste|
|-||1/2 lemon - zested|
|-||1/4 cup toasted, sliced almonds|