- Cut vegetables into 1/2 inch sticks approximately 2 1/2 inches long.
- Place them in a plastic bag in the refrigerator while preparing the dip.
- Cook edamame in 2 cups of boiling water with 1 teaspoon salt in a heavy saucepan.
- Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water until cool.
- In a small saucepan, heat oil.
- Add garlic and cook over low heat, stirring occassionally until the garlic is pale golden, approximately 3-5 minutes. Watch carefully so you don't burn it.
- PureÃ© the cooled edamame with the garlic oil in a food processor or blender.
- With the motor running, add 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- Add the lime juice, sugar, pepper, sour cream, ranch dressing and salt.
- Pulse to the desired consistency.
- You may need to thin it with a little more chicken stock.
- Transfer dip to a serving bowl and serve with vegetables and baked pita chips.
|Container: medium saucepan, small saucepan, blender, food processor, serving bowl|
|-||2 cups small carrots|
|-||3 stalks celery|
|-||1 red pepper|
|-|| baked pita chips - for dipping|
|-||10 ounces frozen edamame - shelled|
|-||1 tablespoon garlic -chopped|
|-||3 tablespoons olive oil|
|-||1/2 lime - juiced|
|-||1 teaspoon sugar|
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|
|-||1/4 cup sour cream|
|-||1/4 cup ranch dressing|
|-||1/2 cup chicken stock|