- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil, place crackers on foil to cover entire bottom.
- In saucepan, melt butter and light brown sugar until it boils, stirring contantly.
- Let boil for 3 minutes; continue to stir so not to burn. Remove from heat and let stand one minute.
- Pour the butter mixture evenly over the crackers, smooth out to edges with a spatula.
- Place in oven for seven minutes, watch closely so the toffee does not burn.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips over the toffee, spread with a spatula to even out to the edges. Sprinkle chopped nuts over the top of the chocolate and press down into the mixture.
- Place in refrigerator until it hardens, or place in freezer to hasten the hardening.
- Once the toffee hardens, remove tin foil from back and cut or break into bite size pieces. Store in the refrigerator or freezer in a covered container.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Container: baking sheet with sides, heavy sauce pan and aluminun foil
Serving Size: 2 pieces
|-||4 1/4 ounces (1 box) nut and rice crackers|
|-||1 cup butter (do not substitute)|
|-||1 cup light brown sugar|
|-||1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts|
|-||1 bag (12 oz.) milk or dark chocolate chips|