- In a medium skillet, brown hamburger with the onions until the hamburger is no longer pink and the onions are tender. Drain off any excess fat and set aside.
- In a saucepan, over medium low heat, place the cheese and allow to slowly melt. Stir ocassionally.
- It should make approximately 1 1/2 to 2 cups of cheese sauce.
- Add two tablespoons of milk for creaminess.
- While the cheese is melting, cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Drain and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour melted cheese over the pasta, mix to combine.
- Add diced tomatoes with juice, the browned hamburger with onion, and salt and pepper.
- Mix to combine. Reheat if necessary before serving. To reheat place in a microwave for 2 or 3 minutes, or place back in the skillet and reheat on the stovetop over medium heat. Cook just long enough to reheat.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator, covered.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Container: 9x13 casserole dish, large mixing bowl, sauce pan, pasta pot, skillet
|-||16 ounces elbow macaroni (1 box) or favorite pasta|
|-||1/2 pound ground beef |
|-||1/4 cup onion - diced|
|-||14 ounces Italian seasoned tomatoes (1 can)|
|-||2 cups any kind of cheese - provolone and american work well|
|-||2 tablespoons milk |
|-|| salt and pepper - to taste|
|-||1/4 cup parmesan cheese - grated|