- Place the chicken breast on the bottom of a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker. Top with soup, butter, vegetables, and onion.
- Pour the chicken broth over the soup mixture. The chicken should be covered; if not, add more broth.
- Place the cover on the slow cooker and turn on high. Cook on high for 5 to 6 hours.
- Approximately 1 hour before serving, remove the cover and pull the chicken apart in small pieces or shred.
- Tear the refrigerator biscuit dough into pieces and place it on top of the chicken mixture in the slow cooker.
- Replace the cover and cook another hour or until the biscuits are done all the way through.
- To serve, spoon the chicken and biscuits onto plates directly from the slow cooker.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 6 or more hours
Container: 5 or 6-quart slow cooker
|-||2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast|
|-||2 cans (10.75 oz. each) cream of chicken soup|
|-||2 tablespoons butter or margarine|
|-||1 cup diced carrots|
|-||1 cup frozen peas|
|-||1 small onion, minced or 2 tsp. onion powder|
|-||3/4 cup chicken broth or water|
|-||2 packages (10 oz. each) refrigerated biscuit dough|