- Drain the beans and water chestnuts. First place the beans in the bottom of the crock of a 6 quart slow cooker and then the French fried onion rings on top of the beans.
- Then add the water chestnuts on top of the French fried onion rings.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and stir until well mixed. Spread the mixture over the water chestnuts in the crock but do not stir into the beans.
- Place the cover on the slow cooker and cook for 5 to 6 hours. Or, cook on high for 3 hours.
- When the beans are done, serve them from the crock or remove and place in a serving bowl.
|Prep Time: 45 minutes|
Cook Time: 5 hours
Container: 6 quart slow cooker
|-||6 cans cut green beans|
|-||1 can (10.5 oz.) French fried onion rings|
|-||3 cans (8 oz.) sliced water chestnuts|
|-||2 cans cream of mushroom soup|
|-||1/2 cup milk|
|-||3 cups shredded cheddar cheese|
|-||1/2 teaspoon pepper|