- Do not preheat the slow cooker. Butter or grease the inside of the crock of a 2 or 3 quart slow cooker before adding ingredients.
- Add all the ingredients, except the nuts, to the crock and stir to mix evenly.
- Place the crock in the heating unit and place the cover on the crock.
- Turn the heat on low and allow the oatmeal to cook overnight. The oatmeal will be ready in approximately 5 to 6 hours but can cook up to 8 or 9 hours.
- Stir the oatmeal before serving. Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with chopped nuts.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 6 or more hours
Container: 2 or 3 quart slow cooker
Serving Size: cup
|-||2 2/3 cups milk, can use low fat|
|-||1 1/3 cups quick oats|
|-||1/3 cup brown sugar|
|-||3/4 teaspoon cinnamon|
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt|
|-||1 cup finely chopped apples|
|-||1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted|
|-||1/2 cup pecans, walnuts, or almonds|