- Line the loaf pan with aluminum foil. Crush 10 of the peanut butter cookies and mix with the melted butter. Press the cookie mixture into the bottom of the loaf pan until it is nice and compacted.
- Mix the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla until well blended. Stir in 3 cups of the whipped topping; mixing well. Remove 1/2 cup of the cream cheese mixture into a small dish, stir in melted chocolate and set aside.
- Spoon half of the cream cheese mixture into the loaf pan, over the cookie crust and spread evenly.
- Add the chocolate mixutre on top and spread evenly, trying not to mix with the bottom layer. Add the remaining cream cheese mixture on top of the chocolate mixture and spread evening.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours, preferrably overnight.
- Remove from freezer and invert onto a plate, remove the aluminum foil and then re-invert onto a serving platter (cookie crust should be on the bottom).
- Break the remainder of the cookies into medium sized chunks. Top the dessert with remaining whipped topping and sprinkle with the broken cookies.
- Cut into 1/4" slices and serve. Store remaining dessert in refigerator.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Serving Size: slice
|-||15 peanut butter sandwich cookies|
|-||3 tablespoons butter, melted|
|-||8 ounces cream cheese, softened|
|-||12 ounces whipped topping|
|-||1/2 cup sugar|
|-||1/2 cup creamy peanut butter|
|-||2 teaspoons vanilla|
|-||2 squares semi-sweet baking chocolates, melted|