- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Wash greens well, and steam, boil or microwave (in a covered container) until completely wilted - there will be only a small fraction of the original volume. Squeeze dry, chop and set aside.
- In a heavy skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Crumble and set aside. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of fat, add the onions and cook until soft.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Add salt and curry powder (if using) and stir in milk.
- Scatter onions and bacon in baking dish. Add chopped greens then pour egg mixture over. Place in heated oven, preferably on a rimmed baking sheet to catch any spills, and bake until edges are firm and center is almost firm, 30 -40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand at least 5 minutes before slicing. Serve warm, room temperature or cold.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 40 minutes
|-||2 quarts edible weeds: dandelion (leaves only), lambs' quarters, nettles etc|
|-||2 slices bacon|
|-||1 onion, finely chopped|
|-||2 cups milk (whole milk works best)|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/4 teaspoon curry powder (optional)|