- In a medium saucepan, combine all of the sauce ingredients with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cook for one minute and then set aside.
- Save half of the sauce for dipping and use half for brushing onto the meat.
- Mix all ingredients together in a small mixing bowl.
- Allow the roast to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before grilling.
- Coat the meat with olive oil.
- Season with the rub mixture.
- Grill over direct medium heat for approximately 5 minutes on each side until well marked with grill marks.
- Move the roast to indirect medium heat, cook to desired doneness (20-30 minutes more for medium rare).
- Brush the roast with sauce every five minutes or so as it is grilling.
- Remove from grill and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut meat across the grain into thin slices.
- Serve with the remaining sauce.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Container: grill, medium saucepan, small mixing bowl
|-||1/2 cup ketchup|
|-||2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar|
|-||1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce |
|-||1 tablespoon molasses|
|-||1 teaspoon soy sauce|
|-||1/2 teaspoon chili powder|
|-||1 teaspoon garlic - chopped|
|-||1/4 teaspoon celery salt|
|-||1/2 teaspoon liquid hickory smoke|
|-||1 teaspoon kosher salt|
|-||1/2 teaspoon celery salt|
|-||1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper|
|-||1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic - chopped|
|-||2 pounds tri-tip beef roast|
|-||3 tablespoons olive oil|