NEW YORK STRIP:
- In a saucepan, whisk all the sauce ingredients with 1/2 cup of water.
- Bring to a bowl over medium high heat then reduce heat and simmer for 10-18 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Trim the exterior fat from the steaks if desired. Allow the steaks to stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before grilling.
- Rough chop garlic on a cutting board and then sprinkle it with salt.
- Using the sharp edge and flat side of a knife blade, crush the garlic and salt together to create a paste.
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic paste with the oil, rosemary and pepper.
- Smear the mixture evenly all over the steaks.
- Grill over direct heat until cooked to desired doneness, turning once.
- Six minutes for medium rare, eight minutes for medium, etc.
- Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with barbecue sauce.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Container: small saucepan, grill, small bowl
|-|| BARBECUE SAUCE:|
|-||1/2 cup ketchup|
|-||2 tablespoons whiskey|
|-||1 tablespoon steak sauce|
|-||1 tablespoon brown sugar|
|-||2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce |
|-||1/2 teaspoon garlic - chopped|
|-||1 pinch salt and pepper|
|-||4 New York Strip steaks - one inch thick|
|-||3 cloves garlic|
|-||1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt|
|-||3 tablespoons olive oil|
|-||1 tablespoon fresh rosemary - finely chopped|
|-||2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper|