- Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease casserole dish with butter, set aside.
- In large saucepan, combine sliced sunchokes, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper and all but 3 tablespoons of the heavy cream.
- Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the cornstarch with the remaining cream to create a paste. Stir into the sunchokes and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into prepared casserole dish, top with bread crumbs, then chopped pecans.
- Place casserole dish in a larger baking dish, add enough water to come up half way on the sides of the casserole dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Container: large saucepan, casserole dish, large baking dish
Serving Size: cup
|-||3 cups sunchokes (about 9-12), peeled, sliced|
|-||1 1/4 cups heavy cream|
|-||4 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated|
|-||1 3/4 teaspoons garlic, minced|
|-||1 teaspoon salt|
|-||1 3/4 teaspoons cornstarch|
|-||3/4 cup bread crumbs|
|-||1/2 cup pecans, chopped|
|-|| pepper to taste|