- Heat oven to 450°.
- In a oven proof skillet, heat oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook until just starting to brown, 5-10 minutes.
- Add in just the green onions bulbs, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Stir and cook until the green onion bulbs start to soften, approximately 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
- Place on top of the mushroom mixture and place the skillet in the oven.
- Roast until the fish is done, approximately 10 minutes for 3/4 inch fillets.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and remove the fish from the oven and set aside.
- Place skillet back on the stove top on medium heat.
- Add scallion tops and cream to the mushroom mixture.
- Place the fish on a serving platter, top with the mushroom sauce and serve with a crusty bread.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Container: medium oven proof skillet
|-||1 tablespoon cooking oil|
|-||1 tablespoon unsalted butter|
|-||1 pound mushrooms - sliced|
|-||4 green onions, bulb and green tops cut separately into 1/2 inch pieces|
|-||3 cloves garlic - chopped|
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|
|-||4 medium monk fish fillets, can substitue halibut or salmon|
|-||1/4 cup heavy cream|