- Grease cake pan.
- Preheat oven to 425Â°.
- Beat 1/2 cup of milk, plain yogurt and 3 tablespoons of sugar in a medium bowl with a wire whisk until well blended.
- Stir in the baking mix and lemon zest just until combined.
- Spread evenly in the cake pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove the cake from the pan and completely cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, add the dry pudding mix to 3/4 cup of milk in a mixing bowl.
- Beat with a wire whisk until thickened, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Fold in the non dairy whipped topping.
- Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Slice two pints of strawberries in half. Place half in a mixing bowl and reserve the other half for decorating.
- Mix in 1/3 cup of sugar with the strawberries and mash them with a potato masher until mostly mashed.
- Cut cake in half horizontally to make two layers.
- Place bottom layer on a cake plate and top with the mashed strawberries.
- Then top the strawberries with half of the whipped topping and pudding mixture.
- Cover with the top cake layer and spread with the remaining whipped topping and pudding mixture.
- Arrange halved strawberries on the top of the cake as desired.
- Sprinkle with sugar and add mint leaves for garnish if desired. Serve immediately.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Container: 9 inch round cake pan, two medium mixing bowls
|-||1 1/4 cups milk - divided|
|-||1/4 cup plain yogurt|
|-||3 tablespoons sugar|
|-||1/2 lemon - zested|
|-||2 1/4 cups bisquit baking mix|
|-||1 package (4 serving) lemon flavored instant pudding and pie filling|
|-||8 ounces non dairy whipped topping|
|-||2 pints fresh strawberries|
|-||1/3 cup sugar|
|-|| mint for garnish if desired|