- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Place the chicken breasts on the grill, baste with your favorite barbecue sauce, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 15 minutes, turning once, or until the meat is no longer pink in the middle and the juices run clear.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking, top each breast with 1 slice of ham and then 1 slice of provolone cheese.
- Close the lid and cook just long enough for the cheese to melt, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Slice a whole-grain bread loaf into 1-inch thick slices.
- Drizzle the bread slices with olive oil and grill until toasted.
- Top the bread with lettuce leaves and 1 slice of tomato.
- Place one cooked chicken breast on each.
- Serve warm.
- You can serve the sandwich with extra barbecue sauce on the side if you wish.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
|-||6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves|
|-|| barbecue sauce|
|-|| salt and pepper, to taste|
|-||6 slices honey ham|
|-||6 slices provolone cheese|
|-||1 whole grain bread loaf|
|-|| olive oil for sprinkling on the bread|
|-|| lettuce leaves|
|-||6 slices tomato|