- Place monkfish chunks in a large bowl.
- Add bread cubes and mix.
- Strip rosemary stems except for the top 1/2 inch of the stem.
- Chop rosemary leaves very fine.
- Add in the garlic and keep chopping until well combined and minced fine.
- Place in a small bowl, add 6 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix to combine.
- Pour mixture over the monkfish and bread. Toss to coat all pieces.
- If using rosemary stalks as skewers, cut the bottom tip at an angle so you have a point that will easily slide through the fish. Otherwise use regular wooden skewers to make the kebabs.
- Place one piece of monkfish, then a piece of bread, repeat two more times so you have 3 pieces of each on a skewer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Loosely wrap bacon strips around each kebab, tucking down inbetween the fish and the bread.
- Place kebabs on the grill and cook for approximately 5 minutes on each side or until the bread is toasted and the fish is white and cooked through.
- These can also be made in the oven. Preheat the oven to 400Â°.
- Place the kebabs on a baking sheet and bake for for 15-20 minutes or until the bread is golden brown.
- When kebabs are finished cooking, either on the grill or in the oven, drizzle them with balsamic vinegar and serve.
|Container: grill, large mixing bowl, small mixing bowl, skewers and baking sheet|
|-||1 pound trimmed monkfish or any other firm textured white fish - cut into 1 inch cubes|
|-||1 loaf of ciabatta or baguette bread, cut into large cubes|
|-||4 rosemary sprigs, leaves stripped|
|-||1 clove garlic - peeled and minced|
|-||6 tablespoons olive oil|
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|
|-||8 slices bacon|
|-||3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar|
|-||3 wooden skewers or rosemary sprigs - soaked in water|