Note: This recipe can easily be cut in half and baked in a 4 1/2 quart slow cooker for approximately 5-6 hours.
- Brown beef with onion and garlic. Drain and season with salt and pepper.
- Spray inside of slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- First Layer: Cover bottom of slow cooker with a layer of the tortilla strips. Place about 1/2 of the meat mixture on top of the strips. Add half the enchilada sauce and 1/2 the tomato sauce, top with 1/3 of the cheese.
- Second Layer: Layer of tortilla strips, add all the the beans and corn, the rest of the meat mixture, top with 1/3 of the cheese. Add olives in this layer, if desired.
- Third Layer: Layer tortilla strips, remaining tomato sauce and enchilada sauce, top with remaining cheese. Garnish with olives, if desired.
- Cover slow cooker and cook for 7 hours on low heat.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 6 or more hours
Container: 7 quart slow cooker
Serving Size: 1 piece
|-||3 pounds ground beef|
|-||2 large onions, chopped|
|-||2 cloves garlic, minced|
|-||2 teaspoons salt|
|-||1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|-||12 corn tortillas, cut into 1|
|-||20 ounces (2 cans) enchilada sauce|
|-||16 ounces tomato sauce|
|-||1 1/2 pounds cheddar cheese, grated|
|-||64 ounces (4-16 oz. cans)chili beans|
|-||32 ounces (2-16 oz. cans)corn, drained|
|-||6 ounces pitted olives (optional)|